Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Sound Mind in a Sound Body

"In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano", which when translated expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness."  - About Asics

Tala's July Challenge: Run every day of the month of July, for at least 15 minutes and no more than 4 hours (haha) to build discipline and to remind myself how much I like to run.

So far, I have laced up my Asics more times in the last two weeks than in previous months combined. I have also choked on my challenge - on the days that seemed so long and hot, it was easy to "wait 'til the sun set" to run...and by the time the sun set, I was ready for bed and not for beating the pavement with my tennie runners.

Such is life. We all really know that I'm telling you, "the they," that nameless audience spread out across the blogdom, of this goal because I need the internet's version of positive peer pressure to not quit the July challenge before the month runs out.

Two more weeks 'til the August Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Tala! Wish I could run with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna text you every day now... My July goal was to run 3 times a week... Much more tame.

    P.S. What is your opinion of this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkDI5xVa354

    ReplyDelete